Dr. Charles Raymond Kern, 77, of Charlotte NC, died peacefully at his home, Monday March 11, 2019. He received his BA degree in philosophy from Atheneum of Ohio, Master of Education in Guidance Counseling from Xavier University, and Doctorate in Education Administration from Miami University (Ohio). He was the inaugural principle of Northwest High School in 1972 and left in 1979. He then became the assistant superintendent of Bellefontaine City Schools until he retired in 1995. He had a strong passion for the Arts and Art Education. He will be deeply missed by friends and family. Thank you Dr. Kern for your contributions to Northwest High School.
Upcoming Event - April 16 @6:30 pm Quarter Auction at Northwest High School
1. Build relationships and a sense of camaraderie among alumni, students, faculty, and the Northwest High School community.
2. Encourage alumni support of the mission and goals of the Northwest Alumni Association.
3. Create opportunities for alumni to re-connect with former classmates and staff.
4. Provide alumni activities and programs to strengthen alumni relationships, celebrate high school achievements and alumni successes.
5. Create links and mechanisms for classes to provide communications to classmates for reunions and other activities.
6. Develop a website with an online newsletter regarding significant events in the lives of alumni and the present Northwest community.
7. Create opportunities for alumni to re-commit to Northwest High School by participating in educational, cultural, and athletic programs.
8. Provide undergraduate scholarships to Northwest High School seniors.
9. Establish fundraising activities that will carry out the goals of the alumni association.
The mission of the Northwest High School Alumni Association is to provide opportunities for Northwest alumni to re-connect and re-commit to former and current students, staff and the Northwest High School community. Members of the Northwest Alumni Association will help promote and support the mission of Northwest High School and its traditions by strengthening relationships and celebrating high school achievements and alumni successes.