Two scholarships are offered by the Northwest High School Alumni Association to a Northwest High School senior who plans to enroll in a 2 or 4-year college/university or technical school. Complete all parts of the application and return it to the counselor’s office no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2019. The Northwest High School Alumni Association is offering a $300 scholarship to a Northwest High School senior and a $300 scholarship to a NWCC/Butler Tech senior. In addition, the Northwest High School Alumni Association is offering a $400 scholarship to a 2nd/3rd generation senior whose parent or grandparent is a Northwest High School alum, this is a legacy scholarship. These awards will be presented at the Senior Honors Program. A link to the 2019 scholarship application can be found here.
2018 Scholarship Winners:
Legacy - Madison Kloentrup
Career Center - Obianuju (Anita) Oranusi
Main Bldg - Harmony Mitchell
2017 Scholarship Winners:
Caroline Nicole Jergens
Emily Grace Puccini
2016 Scholarship Winners:
Ashley N. Carroll
2015 Scholarship Winner:
Samantha Paige Schon
If applying for the 2nd/3rd Generational Scholarship, please list names of the parent(s)/grandparent(s), including maiden name, who graduated from Northwest High School and year he/she graduated.
Selection of the recipient will be made by the Scholarship Committee of the Northwest High School Alumni Association and/or the Governing Body of the Northwest High School Alumni Association. Selection is based on criteria established by the Scholarship Committee and Governing Body. Recipients will be granted this award in addition to any other awards of financial assistance received.
1. Must be a NWHS senior, attending Northwest High School, Butler Tech, or the School of the Arts.
2. Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
3. A seven semester transcript of grades, including grade point average and class rank must be submitted.
4. Submit all ACT and/or SAT results if needed for admission by academic/technical institution.
5. All parts of the application must be completed.
6. Application must be printed.